Thursday 22 September 2011

The road to hell...

... is paved with good intentions, or so they say.

It is amazing how, in trying to do the 'right thing' and make everyone happy, it is so easy to offend and upset the people who  you would least like so to do.

I have just about managed to avoid offending someone terribly today, whilst seeking to pacify someone else, and it has pained me terribly that I casue offence. I should go with my gut reaction I guess, but on this occasion I let the demands of other people get in the way.


I heard someone say once, 'if you see conflict, walk towards it'. Here I didn't see the conflict coming, but I have walked towards an apology, with alacrity. In doing so, I am hopeful that a right and peaceful relationship will be restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment